Wednesday, March 17, 2010

My room

In the darkness of this passing night and the nostalgic dim light in my room,
here I sit surrounded by relics of different phases of my life..
My engineering books,
My poetry book with my teenage love poems,
A recipe book,
My favourite red bangles,
My dictionary,
My latest study material,
Floral pink and purple pencils,
My coloured hair bands mostly pink,
My old cell phone,
My new cell phone,
My old goals chart which stands still on the wall,
Winnie the pooh on my cupboard,
News paper marked for home search,
My Teddy bears,
The decoration ribbons on the walls of my room,
My laptop bag,
Old pink curtains and
Nostalgia..

This room has been my incubator..its here that I have slept with a glad smile on my face, its here that I have cried off to sleep, its here that we as a family have had the best of times, my birthday celebrations, late night talks, sleep overs with my best friends at home, my late night studies for the exams, exam nite phone calls, cramming, agony-sharing,  giggling, dancing, candle light moments, crazy dancing with my lil bro, my trasnformations, my encounters with life's bitter and sweetest truths, sibling sharing, moms lullabies, sleeping next to mom when unwell, my messy table, my greeting cards in the butterfly bag, my windchime...just everything..about it forms the sweetest treasure of memories..!
Love it and will miss it after I leave this home..and forever..

No comments:

Post a Comment