The lil white birds flying in the sky look like pearls against the hues of the sky. I find a strange solace in seeing them. It makes me think that no matter where we are or what we are throughout the day, as the day comes to an end, our heart seeks a return to itself, to its origin, to its home. The return may vary in its context, it may be a return to one's own self- one's soulmate, one's betterhalf, to one's home where a mother eagerly awaits her lil ones, where a wife awaits her consort (or vive versa is possible too!!), return to a state, where one's true soul awaits freedom- freedom from the seriousness of work, freedom from the diplomacies of the world, politics, hypocrisy and responsibilities. It may be a return to one's country where old parents curiously wait for their NRI kids..a return to our own land, our roots. The amazing way the birds coordinate their aerial movements to maintain the V shape making it easier for the fellow birds to fly long distances easily, reminds me of the role of our loved ones in helping keep in our V shape- mental, emotional as well as physical ( size zero inspires??)!!. Their help to keep us grounded, to keep us motivated, to keep us going, to keep us in "Living" mode. Their efforts in our flight, their efforts in giving us our sky. Isn't it a wonderful pattern that we humans follow too! The perfect V shaped formation in our lives would be but incomplete without the sync between us and our loved ones..Saturday, March 20, 2010
White birds flying back during sunset..
I had been to my favourite place for boating. Its a small lake. On one side of it, there is a walk way and the other side are lil houses slightly covered by the growing grass. It reminds me of my cherished dream of buying a house at the sea shore. There is something about water bodies that I love. The depth, the calm, the serenity, the ripples, the smell of moisture, the waves and their continuity, their sound. This place starts looking beautiful as the sun starts setting and sky is covered by the pastel shades of orange, pink and purple.The diminishing peach coloured pie, the spreading colours of blush, the birds flying back, the fading light, the approaching darkness and the glittering moonlight. There seems to be a mystifying pattern in all of these.
The lil white birds flying in the sky look like pearls against the hues of the sky. I find a strange solace in seeing them. It makes me think that no matter where we are or what we are throughout the day, as the day comes to an end, our heart seeks a return to itself, to its origin, to its home. The return may vary in its context, it may be a return to one's own self- one's soulmate, one's betterhalf, to one's home where a mother eagerly awaits her lil ones, where a wife awaits her consort (or vive versa is possible too!!), return to a state, where one's true soul awaits freedom- freedom from the seriousness of work, freedom from the diplomacies of the world, politics, hypocrisy and responsibilities. It may be a return to one's country where old parents curiously wait for their NRI kids..a return to our own land, our roots. The amazing way the birds coordinate their aerial movements to maintain the V shape making it easier for the fellow birds to fly long distances easily, reminds me of the role of our loved ones in helping keep in our V shape- mental, emotional as well as physical ( size zero inspires??)!!. Their help to keep us grounded, to keep us motivated, to keep us going, to keep us in "Living" mode. Their efforts in our flight, their efforts in giving us our sky. Isn't it a wonderful pattern that we humans follow too! The perfect V shaped formation in our lives would be but incomplete without the sync between us and our loved ones..
I think now I know why I feel that "peace" when I see the lovely birds flying back. I love it because I can relate to them in many ways, because I love my sky, I love my flight, I love going back to myself after a day's work, I love my family and my loved ones who keep me in shape..I love it because I am a flying bird at heart!
The lil white birds flying in the sky look like pearls against the hues of the sky. I find a strange solace in seeing them. It makes me think that no matter where we are or what we are throughout the day, as the day comes to an end, our heart seeks a return to itself, to its origin, to its home. The return may vary in its context, it may be a return to one's own self- one's soulmate, one's betterhalf, to one's home where a mother eagerly awaits her lil ones, where a wife awaits her consort (or vive versa is possible too!!), return to a state, where one's true soul awaits freedom- freedom from the seriousness of work, freedom from the diplomacies of the world, politics, hypocrisy and responsibilities. It may be a return to one's country where old parents curiously wait for their NRI kids..a return to our own land, our roots. The amazing way the birds coordinate their aerial movements to maintain the V shape making it easier for the fellow birds to fly long distances easily, reminds me of the role of our loved ones in helping keep in our V shape- mental, emotional as well as physical ( size zero inspires??)!!. Their help to keep us grounded, to keep us motivated, to keep us going, to keep us in "Living" mode. Their efforts in our flight, their efforts in giving us our sky. Isn't it a wonderful pattern that we humans follow too! The perfect V shaped formation in our lives would be but incomplete without the sync between us and our loved ones..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment